Barbunya Pilaki may well be known as the Turkish version of baked beans. Here, cranberry beans area unit stewed with tasteful vegetables giving a light-weight and refreshing various to ancient, heavily-sauced baked beans. Serve this build ahead dish heat or cold at your spring picnic or summer barbecue.
1 c dried borlotti or Equus caballus beans, soaked night long
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, diced
2 massive tomatoes, diced, or one (14oz can) diced tomatoes, with juices
1 Tbsp fixings
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 – one ½ c water
Fresh parsley and lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Add soaked and drained beans to an outsized pan and canopy with one inch of water. Bring the beans to a boil and cut back the warmth to medium-low. Simmer the beans till simply tender, 20-30 minutes.
2. In a massive pan, heat vegetable oil. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, until soft. Add the carrots and sauté five min. Add the tomatoes, fixings, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Add the medium, drained beans and water (use one ½ c of water if using fresh tomatoes or one c of water if victimization canned tomatoes with juices). combine well and simmer, uncovered over medium-low heat, till most of the liquid has gaseous, 30 minutes, stirring sometimes.
4. The dish will be served forthwith or cold and served cold. (The flavors of this dish do improve over time, thus don’t be afraid to arrange it up to twenty-four hours sooner than time.)
5. To serve, garnish beans with sliced contemporary parsley and lemon slice.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: twenty.8g | Fat: two.2g | Sodium: 166mg | Fiber: five.1g | Sugar: three.8g